Wednesday, January 4, 2012

inspiring artists: elsie larson

i'm sure from my previous posts, you could have guessed that elsie would be featured in my inspiring artists. she work is so out of the box and just adorable that i adore all her works of art. i think i really resignate with her because she is a "jack of all trades" artist, which is a term i use to describe myself at times. elsie has done everything from designing her own scrapbooking products, painting, art journaling, owning her own store front vintage shop and even creating her own dress line. she is just so talented!




































her blog is one that i visit everyday. it is full of different features written by her and a collection of other inspiring artists, so there is always something new and exciting each day.


i was so sad when i heard that her scrapbooking line, love elsie, was being discontinued. her products were so cute and i tried my hardest to collect as much of it that i could before it was gone...

Supplie love
now i save those special few products for certain projects, making sure i get the most of out them.

Art love
Detailsfor a while, all my layouts had a certain "elsie" vibe, taking inspiration directly from her creations. now i use just a bit of her style mixed with my own. she has definitely influenced my own designs and styles. i will always use elsie's work as a source of inspiration. she is definitely one of my heros and it would be a dream to visit her shop and meet her one day :)
xoxo,
megan

No comments:

Post a Comment